Flash Fiction #50

I used a random writing prompt generator to get some inspiration for this... Hope you enjoy!

~~~

"Sorry I hung up on you."

Those were the words that I kept on telling myself all throughout the night after the fight. "I didn't mean to say it. The words just simply came out in the heat of the moment. I hope that you can forgive me for everything." I spun my chair around at the desk to look at the body pillow on the bed.

"Will you forgive me?" Then after a brief moment, I threw a glass of water at the pillow dripping onto the mattress. "Why are you giving me the silent treatment!? Say something!"

"Why do I feel alone?" I slouched back into the chair, hiding my face behind my hands. I peeked at my phone that lay on the desk. For the whole year, I didn't receive any messages or phone calls. Not even on my birthday. "Was I forgotten? Maybe, I should reach out but maybe this is a sign of how my friendships are. Shallow and forgotten. Convenient at best if people contact me."

"What's the point? Maybe it's better this way. I won't be hurt anymore." I jumped into the bed and clutched the damp body pillow, closing my eyes and praying. "I'm sorry for yelling at you. Please forgive me. I don't care anymore..."

Then a knock came at the door. I didn't move or say anything. I heard another knock, and a voice came through the door, "Jackie? I know you're inside. Open up."

Kristen? Maybe, it's not so hopeless... I got up and stared at the door, tears overflowing. "I'm sorry. On the way." It's a miracle as I didn't think anyone would visit me on this cold day in the winter on Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

Flash Fiction #14