Skip to main content

Flash Fiction #47

I randomly thought of this idea while walking in a mall recently... Hope you enjoy!

~~~

Every so often, I would go to the mall, sit down on a chair out of the way and watch people go about their day from my view. The amount of people looking down on their phones as they walk boggles my mind. Look over there at that lady who almost walk right into the pole, clearly shaken by the abruptness in her obstacle. She looks around in a hurry as if to see whether anybody had seen her foolish action before carrying on with her composure back to normal. But in fact, there was at least one person watching and laughing at her. Me!

It's those moments that makes it interesting to see how people react when they least suspect. Then someone comes up to me, and I look up at a girl presumably around the same age as I.

"Hi, I couldn't help but notice you sitting here by yourself and laughing every now and then. What are you watching from here?" The girl takes a step behind me to see my point of view.

"It's nothing, really. I'm just watching people." I want to be as brief as possible as sweat begins to fall down my neck. Have I been noticed by another people watcher?

"Interesting. Anything interesting catch your eye?" She looks down at me, smiling.

"Not right now."

"Oh look over there! Err... that's a bit over the top." The girl points to my left and then her voice fades away over a couple of seconds. I could see why as a couple was being playful before being way into PDA.

"I have to agree to that," I nodded.

"Ah ha! I got your opinion on something! Yay!" The girl went in for a high five, but I didn't respond.

"I actually have to meet up with some friends, but you'll be here tomorrow or something?"

"I don't know. I sometimes come out to malls, but not often." I fidget in my seat.

"I see. Well, I hope to see you soon. By the way, I'm Anna." She hold out her hand for a handshake.

"G-George." I reach over and shake Anna's hand. I could feel my hand shaking like mad before reaching over to her.

"Even if you aren't here tomorrow or whenever, I'll try to keep an eye out for you so that we can people watch together. It's been fun!" Anna wave as she jogs off.

I watch her get on an escalator and disappear within the crowd. That's a first for me. Nobody would come up and talk to me before. Anna. That's something to look forward to for next time.

Popular posts from this blog

My Impression of Train to Busan

I rarely watched Korean movies, and I believe this is the first time I am writing a review of sorts for one. Since this movie takes place in the apocalyptic zombie setting, this makes it even less likely for me to watch as I don't really watch zombie movies. Moving on, I randomly stumbled upon this movie and decided to give it a shot, The movie, Train to Busan. premiered on May 13, 2016 at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival. The film was directed by Yeon Sang-ho, and stars Gong Yoo, Jung Yu-mi, and Ma Dong-seok.

To not give any spoilers to the story, I'll try to be as brief of a summary concerning the story. The story centers around Seok-woo (played by Gong Yoo) and his daughter, Su-an (played by the child actress, Kim Su-an) where they get on a KTX train from Seoul to Busan so that Su-an can see her mother due to her wanting to file a divorce from Seok-woo. Since it is a zombie film, things go awry and an infected person gets on board the KTX to start the infection. Seok-woo figh…

My Impressions of Wolf Girl and Black Prince

I recently watched a Japanese movie called Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Oji (translated into English: Wolf Girl and Black Prince) that is based on a manga of the same name created by: Ayuko Hatta. This movie was directed by Ryuichi Hiroki and was released May 28, 2016. The main cast as you see in the movie poster above is Fumi Nikaido and Kento Yamazaki. 
Overall, I enjoyed the film. I've never read the manga so I can't make any comparisons to the source material, but I thought that the acting, pacing, and the story within the film were fine. The synopsis of the movie begins with Erika Shinohara (played by Fumi Nikaido) who is a first year high school student and have joined a circle of friends who all have boyfriends. To make sure that she doesn't feel left out, she lies about having a boyfriend and thinks of situations to have her friend in a different school call her to excuse herself from them in order to show her classmates that she has a boyfriend. Erika has never been in …

My Impression of I am a Hero

I watched a Japanese movie, I Am a Hero, around the same time as I did with Train to Busan. Coincidentally, they were both zombie movies which I don't often watch that type of genre. The Japanese movie was released on April 23, 2016 and was directed by Shinsuke Sato. The movie starred Yo Oizumi, Kasumi Arimura, and Masami Nagasawa. 
The basic premise of I Am a Hero is the zombie apocalypse, but it takes its time to set up the zombie apocalypse. It starts the story a couple of days before the outbreak and introduces the main character, Hideo Suzuki, and his previous life before all hell breaks loose. He's always been a normal person with no accomplishments in life. All he has was his dream, but he's now 35 working as a manga assistant, which is consider lower than a normal part time job, with no hope of achieving his dream of being a successful manga artist. Then he meets a high school girl, Hiromi Hayakari along the way and tries to survive in this apocalyptic world meeti…