Mini-Series - Part 6

The night continued on with the full moon out,
as the sun peeked up from the horizon,
it had signaled the beginning of the new morning.

I saw Lily had walked downstairs into the kitchen in her pajamas,
still sleepy,
then her eyes opened up right away as soon as she saw me,
like a deer facing headlights.

She sat the furthest away from me at the table,
avoiding eye contact and focusing on the food.

Breakfast began with everyone, including their parents.
This reminded me of when Jason and I were younger
when I would sleep over at his house many years ago.
Those were good times.

With a stroke of coincidence,
Lily and I were delegated to the task of dish washing.
After minutes of silence, I said, grinning, "Last night really happened?"

She nodded, her cheeks reddening due to embarrassment.
"I wanted to see you happy even if it is only a bit."

"Thanks for being supportive, but it is a bit weird. You're like a sister to me."

"Why were you sad?" She looked up, worried.

I sighed, making my voice low. "It was a hard breakup from my girlfriend."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

My Impressions of Hinokio