Mini-Series - Part 3

Lily. I never actually noticed how much she had grown.
She turned out to be really cute
in her navy blue dot print blazer,
dark blue jeans,
white blouse,
and the fact that she was still single too.

But I'm not surprised,
given that Jason is overprotective of her.

"Ken, what are you thinking?"
Jason raised his left eyebrow, puzzled.
"You've been staring off into the distance."

I sighed. "It's nothing. Tired.
Do you mind if I stay the night here?
Some of Emily's stuff is still at my place,
and it's so suffocating being alone there."

"Sure thing, anything for a friend."

"I'm grateful of your support through these times."
I slapped my hand against his back,
appreciative of his response.

Then I couldn't remember anything else afterward,
but darkness had enveloped me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #12

Flash Fiction #14