Inspiration

Hi all!

Today I would like to talk about an inspiration for quite a lot of my recent ideas, short stories, and WIPs. I think I've known this group since around 2007. They are Wong Fu Productions! Yay! My first video that I watch of them would have to be "Just a Nice Guy" back in 2007.

The main members and co-founders of Wong Fu Productions are Phillip Wang, Wesley Chan, and Ted Fu. They make such interesting, non-cliche, moving and emotional stories. It's very real, and has that simplistic feel. Some of them are minimalist and they don't have dialogue, which requires the viewer to use their imagination but the story doesn't suffer. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but the music and directing really helps bring out stories that touch most of the fans. A lot of their short films are romance-based, and I have to say that a lot of my ideas/emotional impact stemmed from that. They do light comedy sketches here and there in between the serious drama stories to lighten the mood. When I'm thinking about expanding on an idea, I tend to imagine to fit it in that sort of style. It's still my own thing, but I try to picture it with an ulterior meaning than just direct. It helped me grow a little bit as a writer in that aspect.

In addition, a lot of their sketches and short films are very relatable to not just Asians in general but to everyone. For example, when I watch "Just a Nice Guy" for the very first time, the first thoughts that came to me afterwards were that I've been through there. I totally understand. It just makes me feel all emotional inside and I want to thank Wong Fu for the inspiration. As well as helping me getting through most of the stuff that are unknown to me.

Every week on Friday, they have this thing called Wong Fu Weekends and I would wait each week to watch a new video. It's basically vlogs or behind the scenes to get to know them better. What they do when they're not holding a camera or brainstorming ideas. It's really entertaining. =)

The past month of this year was their 10th anniversary and I'm super happy for them! I hope that they can continue doing this for a long time because it would be great to see their growth for possibly the next 10 years. As they improve, it will inspire me and have me improve on my own creative skills. Hehe. =D

I just noticed that my recent trend of love ideas have been due to them. They have made an impact in my life. I'm glad. Well to end it off, I hope that I can continue watching their videos for a long time and as a Wong Fu fan, I'll be supporting them and waiting for each of their stuff to be released. Congratulations on the 10 years, and hopefully many more years to come!

If you are interested, here is a couple of links to where you can find them.

Website: http://wongfuproductions.com/about/

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCutXfzLC5wrV3SInT_tdY0w

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wongfuproductions

P.S. I do recommend watching Just a Nice Guy, The Last, Somewhere Like This to name a few. ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

My Impressions of Hinokio