Flash Fiction #20

Sorry for the lack of updates this week. Work has been busy. Too tired to think after work. Brainstorming ideas is different though. They just come naturally. It's the weekend now! Yay! For this flash fiction, I had a somewhat sad idea in draft but I thought of a more happier idea just now. I hope it makes sense. The sad idea will come later. Hope you enjoy!

~~~

Just a couple of minutes ago would be one of my happiest memories I would treasure until the day I die. I was waiting in a long line to meet my idol. Even though I came an hour early, there was so many people waiting before I arrived. It made me think that she had really captured our mind and heart. She was simply perfect. Her straight flowing black hair going below her shoulders looked like there was no split ends, or any strands of hair out of place. She looked at each fan with her bright and shining brown eyes. Even in front of her fans, or with other people she would keep being understanding and cute no matter how what. We all call her "Karin" which is just her first name but it made us feel close instead of calling her by her last name. It made us believe we were more than just fans and idol. It didn't matter if it was just our imagination, or superficial. Personally, she was the only one there to comfort me when I listen to her songs or watch her on TV. I moved away from home and friends, and I never fit in with my classmates to join them in extracurricular activities. To think I was only a metre away from Karin was a dream come true.

Then there was only one person before me. When a staff pushed the other guy forward to continue in the line, I stepped into the closed off area with a table, Karin, and a staff member at the exit. I walked quickly to her and raised my hand to shake hers.

She smiled as she held my hand with two hands, and whispered, "Hi, nice to meet you."

Moments before I was trying to prepare what to say to her, but as soon as Karin spoke, my mind went blank. I forced my mouth to open. "I'm Ryo. Nice to meet you, Karin! I'm a huge fan!"

Karin continued to smile. "Thank you for the support. Please continue to do so."

I replied in an instant, "of course! I already pre-order your next single and am looking forward to your next concert!"

"Thank you!"

Then the staff member by the exit came over to pull me away from Karin. I said in a hurry, "thank you for everything, and keep it up! I can't wait for the next time to see you!"

I saw her nod and wave at me before turning to the next fan. Even though it was only a couple of seconds, the brief moment with Karin seem to last forever. Every time I hear her voice, it was an immediate recall of this very special first memory. After I exited from the booth, I thought it was too good to be true but I knew it wasn't my imagination. The many times that I attended the handshake events afterwards, Karin recognized me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #63

Flash Fiction #13

My Impressions of Hinokio