Flash Fiction #17

"Every Saturday my favorite thing to do is..."
For this flash fiction story, I used a writing prompt generator to get this initial idea... Let's see what I come up with. Hope you enjoy =)

As a small update, I'm going to be starting a full-time job from June to October. I'm not sure how much it will affect the scheduling of working on my WIPs, or even updating this blog. I'll try to keep it up to date when I can!

I'll be away from my computer for the next 3 weeks, though I'll be taking the family tablet with me... but it's going to be strange typing on it. I feel that it'll be slow plucking away the letters...

~~~

As I turned to my right to look at my alarm clock sitting on my bedside cabinet, the time read 8:30 AM. For a brief second after I had awoke from my slumber, I thought it was a weekday and would have been late for school. Then it occurred to me that it was Saturday after taking a closer look on my calendar pasted to the wall by tape. I sighed, and lay back down to try to sleep for an hour or so to catch up on sleep. After a while, I shook my head and sat up as I was stretching my arms up into the air. I knew that when I woke up, I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep again so I started my weekend a bit earlier than expected.

On a Saturday, the first thing I wanted to do was...

"Mike! Can you help me downstairs for a moment?" My mom shouted from below. Even with my door closed, I could still hear her loud and clear. There was never a moment that I thought the house could be so quiet, or a dull moment at home.

I sighed before getting up to walk downstairs. "I'll be there in a second!"

After helping my mom with a chore around the house, I sat down in my chair by my desk and leaned back loosening my shoulders. The one thing that I wanted to do was...

Then my phone rang. I answered the call and greeted, "Good morning, who's this?"

He replied, "Good morning, and this is Glenn. I was wondering if you were free this afternoon to hang out with the group? Nothing has been set though."

"Of course, just text me the time and place to keep me in the loop. I'll be there," I said, "if that's all, I have to get going. Keep in touch."

He responded, "See ya soon!" Then I had ended the conversation, frustrated.

I have been doing this tradition since I was little, and I kept on doing it because of the nostalgia and still having that special time to only myself. I turned to face the TV set at the far table, then picked up the remote control to turn it on.

On a Saturday, my favourite and first thing that I wanted do was to watch the morning cartoon shows from 8 AM to noon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

My Impressions of Hinokio