Flash Fiction #12

This week would be the very first cruise ship that I had taken in my entire life so far. My parents paid for the trip, so I treated it as a sort of celebration from university. The day that we would take the airplane down south to the Carribean to board the cruise ship made my heart pump faster, and my palms all sweaty. Along with being my first cruise, this would be my first time on an airplane. The fear of falling from heights started from my childhood when I fell a couple of times from the top of my bunk bed at home. The trip didn't seem so bad and thankfully I didn't get motion sickness while on the plane. The only uncomfortable feeling I would mention would be the change in air pressure on my ears both at the take off and landing.

Never mind about that. The reason I'm writing is because of who I saw on the deck of the cruise ship on the first day. I don't even know her name. It may seem childish to still believe in love at first sight, but I truly felt that when I first saw her. The round shape of her face all led down to a rounded chin with high and wide cheekbones. Her side-swept bangs covered part of her forehead, and when there was a breeze, she would easily put a couple of strands of hair behind her ear. Her long, black silky hair shined, and brown eyes glistening under the bright hot sun. It looked like she took care of her well-defined rounded eyebrows that she plucked every so often. She had a small nose that had a bit of an up-turn, which fit her small, slightly open lips. Her tanned skin was just at the right colour so that she wasn't either pale or too dark. When she walked, she had a sense of confidence with her back straight and chest out but with friends, she could laugh and be playful. I swear my mouth dropped open at the sight of her, and time stood frozen.

Then I thought of many ways to try to approach and talk to her without sounding weird. She lay on one of the chairs by herself out on the sun while reading a book. I clapped my hands together as I took a deep breath to get the courage to walk over to her. As I near her chair, my eyes focused on her too much that I accidentally tripped over another deck chair to land face first. Fortunately nobody noticed my blunder.

Even in my fantasies, I imagined myself messing up trying to talk to her. What about if I noticed that she was at the counter ordering a drink and had been waiting for the bartender to make it? Here goes nothing. I planted both of my feet down on the ground and carefully took each step forward watching to make sure I didn't bump into any objects. Just as I was within range to say something, a waiter came out of nowhere with a tray of drinks and I bumped into him. The drinks soaked me and the waiter bent down to apologize while asking if I was alright. Then I saw her looking down at me, and I thought, "How uncool am I?"

With my face reddening, I got up and ran in the opposite direction to escape the embarrassment. I was glad that these are all of my fantasies. It must have meant we weren't supposed to meet like that, and besides there would be no way I could talk to her even if I did approach her. But still, my imagination isn't reality and within the many possibilities, there may be hope that I can meet and talk to her one day.

Comments

  1. That is very interesting. I love cruises. Well, that was interesting. Had that been in reality, I wander what would've become of it. Very interesting your thoughts leading up to feeling the connection. This was very cute...so I'm curious, what would you have done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) I'm glad that you liked it. I honestly don't know what I, myself, would have done. I'm too shy towards girls to make the initiative. Maybe have a friend between me and the girl so that it doesn't make it too awkward for me? Haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flash Fiction #13

Flash Fiction #63

My Impressions of Hinokio